darling, let's escape up north.





it's just a silly dream. but isn't it a lovely and quiet and peaceful one?

"I weathered some merry snow-storms, and spent some cheerful winter evenings by my fireside, while the snow whirled wildly without, and even the hooting of the owl was hushed. For many weeks I met no one in my walks but those who came occasionally to cut wood and sled it to the village. The elements, however, abetted me in making a path through the deepest snow in the woods, for when I had once gone through the wind blew the oak leaves into my tracks, where they lodged, and by absorbing the rays of the sun melted the snow, and so not only made a my bed for my feet, but in the night their dark line was my guide. "
-henry david thoreau

images via: convoytumblr. frenchknot. busybeingfabulous. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment